Brief description of AKA Sorex Pro:
Professional, computerized, high-sensitivity, multi-frequency metal detector with original, patented, no analogue technology of space-harmonic filtering (SFT), which allows to significantly improve the quality of the identification of objects.
- An electronic unit, which allows transmission and processing of signals in the range of 2,7 to 20 kH
- Automatic compensator input allows to reach the sensitivity to 45cm for 25mm coin (with search coil 10 " DD/7kHz)
- A unique algorithm for identification of flat metal objects (S-algorithm)
- Large high contrast display
- Technology for immediate visualization of the objects during a search in the form of spectral - graphic images of the LCD display (128x64)
- Two independent channels of search: RT (real time) and ST (short ton)
- Signal processing in 3 independent algorithm - MSF, SSF and MM
- 4 modes of sound indication of the possibility of setting the tone and limits of sound
- Automatic and Manual Ground Balance
- A system for automatic correction of ground balance with adjustable speed readjustment
- Dynamic and static modes of searching
- Unique algorithm discriminatory suppression and display "hot rocks"
- 6 course menu with instant access to all primary and secondary settings
- A quick overview of the status of the master settings
- S- shaped ergonomic design
- Waterproof search coil
- Possibility for rapid operational change search coils in the field without presets
- Power supply - 4 batteries 1,5 V AA
- Time to work with one set of batteries - up to 30 hours, depending on modes
- Weight with batteries - 1,15 kg
Additional search coils:
6" - 7kHz or 14 kHz
6"x10" - 7 kHz or 14 kHz or 19 kHz
9"x12" - 7 kHz or 14 kHz
9"x12" - 3F (3 kHz, 7 kHz, 14 kHz)
13" - 3 kHz or 7 kHz
13" - 3F (3 kHz, 7 kHz, 12 kHz)
15 "- 3 kHz, 7 kHz
6"/6"x10"/9"x12"/13"/15" with custom frequency (2,7 kHz....20 kHz)
The main original feature of this detector and all the other models of Aka is a "hodograph" identification of targets, which allows to define targets very easy and with an exact value. No other metal detector brand has such an identification.
There are 3 algorithms to choose from, algorithms are best described as 3 chips that control the detector in different ways based on recovery speed and desired targets. All 3 algorithms named MSF, SSF and MM have their own parameters, for example if you are using MM which is high trash mode and a very fast recovery speed all you settings such as discrimination, sensitivity, audio tone , etc are all saved under that feature, so when using another algorithm such as SSF you can save a different range of settings to suit your search requirements.
SSF is primarily for use in areas with large flat iron or heavily rusted iron plates, these are usually detected with mixed signal or are often confused as a non-ferrous signal. When using algorithm SSF, these errors are avoided the machine clearly identifies that the detected signal is iron.
MSF is more of an all round setting, it has a medium recovery speed which rejects or identifies most iron with ease, this is best describes as a low to medium trash setting and will suit most people.
MM is also known as metal trash (MT), it is very dynamic and an ideal setting for working amongst high iron contamination such as ancient sites, the audio response is very sharp and precise.
To sum it all up, S-Pro is almost powerful as Signum MFT but less complicated. To start detecting you'll need to perform only 1 setting: Ground Balance. Almost a switch-n-go detector. Some guys prefer S-Pro to Signum MFT especially when hunting areas aren't mineralized.... And S-Pro forgives mistakes Signum MFT wouldn't forgive.
If you are hunting at trashy or mineralized soils consider to have Sorex with A-Gain (Analog Gain). Analog Gain allows to control Gain smoothly, it is a step forward Signum MFT.